THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEAALLLLLLLL
I went to Record Store Day early Saturday morning and stood in line in front of a young woman who bought a single record: a reissue of Linkin Park’s landmark album from 2000, Hybrid Theory.
She was the only one in the store who bought one, so I decided to talk to her about her purchase.
- “Are you worried about getting a Papercut from the album sleeve?”
- “Once I’m done paying for this Elliott Smith 7” (because I am a very sensitive gentleman), you’ll be One Step Closer to buying your favorite album of all time!”
- “I bet you would’ve been cool with Crawling to the store to buy that album, right?!”
- “In The End, Record Store Day is pretty great, isn’t it?”
- “Hey, why are you still listening to Linkin Park?”